Feb 21, 2012
Obamacare & You, the Patient / Taxpayer
by: Dawn Wildman, SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition We all remember the town halls and rallies in 2009-2010 against the largest takeover by the government, our health care system. The tea parties and many other organizations fought tooth and nail to defend Americans from the tyranny they foisted on us with the Patient Protection and Affordable...
by: Dawn Wildman, SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition
We all remember the town halls and rallies in 2009-2010 against the largest takeover by the government, our health care system.
The tea parties and many other organizations fought tooth and nail to defend Americans from the tyranny they foisted on us with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or ObamaCare.
We were able to educate our fellow citizens on the legislation. We heard the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, tell Congress they would know what was in the legislation after they voted for it. We heard many Congressmen admit to not reading the legislation before voting for it–or since, I am sure.
Our efforts were valiant but the legislation was signed into law by President Obama on March 23, 2010 and since then it seems it has dropped from the news. Most Americans are not even aware that the legislation is now law. Most don’t realize that as I write this your health care as you knew it is changing. Most don’t realize that there are signals everywhere at how intrusive the government plans to be when directing solutions to your health needs.
I hope to help make you aware of the changes that exist and ones yet to come.
Here are a few facts about “Why ObamaCare is Wrong for America”: *
- It creates at least 159 new government agencies to ensure that you, your doctor, and the whole health care system are following the mandates in the law.
- Among those agencies is an agency whose sole purpose is to decide which medical treatments are necessary and which are based on statistical analysis. This will directly change which treatments your doctor can even offer you when it comes to disease control or treatment.
- The law has already begun to take money out of Medicare to pay for this titanic government takeover.
- It will pull nearly $60 billion out of Medicare every year for ten years (nearly $600 billion estimated) to pay for more people joining the rolls on the government health care system. This directly affects those already on Medicare as they will be competing with more people for doctors, medical treatment and hospitals.
We have already seen the effect of this by many doctors no longer accepting new Medicare patients’ and waiting rooms filling up where they do.
- The government will have to raise taxes at least $50 billion a year for ten years to pay for this program at the estimated cost of $500 billion. That means consumers will pay the ultimate price, as will the taxpayer, in new, higher taxes and new, higher prices on consumables.
- Private health insurance will be a thing of the past as employers will eventually find it cheaper to dump their employee plans and have employees sign up for the government programs.
- If you still have the ability to have private insurance it will look dramatically different as the government will force insurance companies into providing only government-approved health care plans, which will be decided by bureaucrats not doctors and patients.
- This law will put an end to innovation in health care and the allowances made by pharmaceutical companies to get a drug out to patients. You rarely hear about a leader in another country going to Mexico for his health care treatment–they usually come here because until now, we offered the best system in the world. That, too, will end under Obamacare.
* Book by Grace Marie Turner, which was extremely helpful in this article.
SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition Inc. (Published With Permission)